The FRCC rides in a safe and predictable manner. All Riders Shall:
- Wear helmets with proper fit & adjustment.
- Follow all laws specific to the areas in which we ride.
- Stop and wait at traffic lights & stop signs.
- Yield to pedestrians.
- Scan for obstacles/risks, warning those behind by visual/verbal cues.
- When turning right, take a position behind vehicles turning right.
- When going straight, line up left (clear) of the right turn lane
- When turning left, each rider is responsible for scanning and the last rider scans and signals the merge left.
- When safe, allow vehicles to pass.
- Ensure that riders with physical or equipment issues are safe.
- Conduct themselves in a reasonable and proper manner, specifically:
- refrain from the usage of inappropriate or vulgar language;
- treat others with courtesy and respect--including vehicle operators;
- maintain ride Safety as the #1 priority;
- Maintain their bicycles and equipment in proper working order
- Do their best effort to enhance the image of cycling and cyclists.